Meet Our Staff
Elena Petrova, PTA
Staff Physical Therapist Assistant
- Novosibirsk State Pedagogical University, Novosibirsk, Russia: Bachelor Degree with High Honors, Elementary Education
- College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL: Associate in Applied Science Degree with High Honors, Physical Therapist Assistant
- FYZICAL - Level 1 & Level 2 Vestibular and Balance Trained Therapist
- Scoliosis - Therapeutic Interventions
- Gokhale Method Foundations - Primal Posture for a Pain-Free Life
- Feldenkrais Approach
- Integrating Pilates, Tai Chi and Yoga: Maximizing Functional Outcomes
- Myofascial Release
- Myofascial Decompression AKA Cup Therapy
Elena joined the FYZICAL team in 2016 after many years of working with chronic pain patients. She had a personal experience in recovery from a painful condition using yoga and postural re-integration which fueled her interest in the physical therapy profession. Elena focuses her treatments on manual therapy and on specifically targeted exercises to improve function and restore optimal health, all while educating her patients on their bodies and on ways to manage their own conditions. She is fluent in both English and Russian.
"I believe that a better body awareness and small, yet conscious, changes will lead to a healthier life. I enjoy assisting my patients through their journey to better health and I am glad that I can be a part of their recovery at FYZICAL."